Homeless Action and PA Provider Network “HAPPN”
The next HAPPN Monthly Provider and Action Network Meeting takes place on May 29th at 3:00pm.
No child should be homeless.
Veterans who have served this nation should be honored with real opportunity for prosperity when they return.
Older adults and people with disabilities should be able to live safely, accessibly and with dignity close to family and community.
No one should be homeless.
WHO WE ARE
The Homeless Action and PA Provider Network “HAPPN” is just what our name says - a network of homeless providers, volunteers, consumers and advocates working together to prevent and end homelessness in Pennsylvania. We take action to advance proven, local, cost-effective solutions to ensure that every Pennsylvanian has a home within their reach.
HAPPN is part of the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania, a statewide coalition that provides leadership and a common voice for policies, practices and resources to ensure that all Pennsylvanians, especially those with low incomes, have access to safe, decent, accessible and affordable homes.
WHAT WE DO
- Network: We convene homeless providers from around the state to share their experiences, information and to learn from one another through monthly conference calls and periodic in-person meetings.
- Take Action: Poverty and the high cost of housing are at the root of homelessness. We believe that only through partnerships that bring public and private resources together will we be able to prevent and end homelessness. At the federal level we are working for the expansion and the improvement of services provided through the McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Program. At the state level for appropriate funding of Pennsylvania’s Human Service Development Fund and the Homeless Assistance Program
- Educate: We organize public awareness campaigns to raise the visibility of homelessness and cost-effective, proven solutions that work.
- Organized campaigns to increase awareness of homelessness in all regions of Pennsylvania
- Developed consensus of 150 agencies for preserving Human Service Development Fund
- Participated in Harrisburg and local visits to familiarize policy makers with proven, cost-effective solutions
- Organized statewide, regional and national meetings with Congressional leaders
- Published ‘letters to the editor’ in local newspapers
- Earned media coverage to bring greater awareness to problems and solutions
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Any individual, provider, consumer, advocate, or agency who wants to work for improved and expanded homeless services. To join, email either:
Joyce Sacco at the Housing Alliance of PA Joyce@housingalliancepa.org
Joe Willard at People’s Emergency Center email@example.com
WHAT YOU GET FOR PARTICIPATING
- Increase awareness of homelessness by policy makers who represent your region
- Monthly E-Publications On News And Information About Homelessness
- Join Monthly Conference Call On Policy And Budget Issues
- Invited To Meetings With Legislators
- Sharing Best Practices
- Policy Analyses
PARTICIPATING AGENCIES: List coming soon
- Research and Resources
- Events and Training
- Get Involved
- Take Action
- About Us